Senior Software Engineer
U.S. healthcare today is confusing, inefficient, and expensive. Maestro Health is on a mission to change that. Our team of Maestronites (yep, that’s what we call ourselves) is revolutionizing not only the way we view health and benefits but also the way we live with our benefits using a tech-meets-service approach.
We're owned by AXA and we’re growing fast. Really fast. So, we’re looking for hard-working, talented, passionate, and like-minded people who want to join us on our mission. Sound like a team you’d love to join? Good news for you: we’re hiring.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Maestro Health is developing innovative technology and health services and building strategic partnerships to bring them to market.
The Sr. Front End Software Engineer will support the growth of our business by designing, building, and scaling mission-critical business applications. Front End Developers work in teams alongside back-end developers, Graphic Designers, and User Experience Designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Partner with business stakeholders, management, and teams to identify needs and deliver quality technology solutions
- Become the technical expert: Fully owning software design and implementation decisions while striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Balance feature work with maintaining a stable production environment
- Work with UX Designers, Back End Developers, and Digital Product Managers to ensure the integration of design with back-end technology to create a great user experience
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Build high-quality mockups and design of different prototypes
- Provide high-quality graphics and visual elements
- Become a valued member of an enterprise application technical team that provides feature enhancements and a stable production environment.
- You are recognized for one of our core values: Fun. Preparedness. Kindness. Teamwork. Humility. Urgency. Bold Thought. Honesty.
- You have good time-management skills
- You have critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in front end software development
- 3+ years of experience designing screens for a web application
- Extensive, proven experience with Typescript, HTML and CSS
- Hands on experience working with cloud technologies for deploying and hosting web applications (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile methodology
- Experience in healthcare a plus
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with business leaders
- Excellent prioritization, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences effectively
- Ability to take a product vision and make it a reality
- Self-directed, self-motivated and flexible
WHY WORK AT MAESTRO HEALTH?
We have great benefits:
- Personal, Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical and Prescription
- Life and Disability
- Health and Wellness programs
- 401k with Employee Match
We have great perks in each of our offices, along with a fun, energetic and fast-paced environment, and what will really drive you is our vision. Maestro Health is making employee health & benefits people-friendly again by making healthcare easy to understand, tools easy to use, and costs easy to control. We are aiming to become a household name within the employee health & benefits space.
We can’t do that without great people. We want to hear “WOW! That was the best job and business experience I ever had!” from every Maestronite – past, present, and future. You should be personally challenged, laugh, work your tail off and look forward to coming to work.
Are you ready to become a Maestronite? Let’s do this.
Maestro Health is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or