U.S. healthcare today is confusing, inefficient, and expensive. Maestro Health is on a mission to change that. Our team of Maestronites (yep, that’s what we call ourselves) is revolutionizing not only the way we view health and benefits but also the way we live with our benefits using a tech-meets-service approach.
We're owned by AXA and we’re growing fast. Really fast. So, we’re looking for hard-working, talented, passionate, and like-minded people who want to join us on our mission. Sound like a team you’d love to join? Good news for you: we’re hiring.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Data Analyst is a key member of the Intensive Outpatient Care Program (IOCP) team. The IOCP is a care management program for very complex patients, relying on accurate, credible, and timely data to identify patients to enroll in the program, manage patient care while enrolled in the program, and share program results with patients, providers, and senior leaders and stakeholders.
The data analyst will provide expertise and leadership in the analysis of health data for the IOCP team. Responsibilities will include the collection, aggregation, validation, and analysis of complex data from varying sources, and developing analytical reporting solutions and methods for displaying data for multiple audiences.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
Data Analysis (70%)
- Act as the data expert, leading the way in data analysis, both proactively and by request, to identify key insights and trends.
- Acts as a single point of contact for IOCP team’s direct requests for data support and analytics.
- Participate in complex data related analytical projects to drive program decisions and efficiencies.
- Perform data abstraction, cleansing, validation, modeling, interpretation, and reporting.
- Gather and prepares data for analysis based on information from various internal and external sources (databases, SAS, Excel, and text files); summarize and present data for easy decision making; conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analyzes.
- Perform analysis of utilization and outcome trends, support identification of root cause, and develop recommendations and solutions to drive improvement.
- Work closely with other members of the Maestro Health Data team, as well as the Technology team to pull key data from various internal and external systems.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IOCP program operations, including care management team functions, provider engagement, key performance metrics, and required reporting.
Report and System Development (30%)
- Responsible for the creation of reporting tools and processes that allow key stakeholders to clearly understand the data, enabling informed business decisions based on the data.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards, making recommendations on data comparisons to be used for benchmark purposes.
- Document current reporting requirements and recommend future reporting requirements.
- Analyze and recommend new ways to distribute reports via internet/intranet technologies.
- Work with IOCP team to ensure reports are being developed that result in measurable outcomes, and/or assist in performing variance analysis, data manipulation, and reporting of both clinical and financial information to both internal and external parties as needed.
- Work with the Technology department for changes to support the reports/dashboards to be created.
- Deliver ad hoc reporting and analytics as needed.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Communicate clearly and directly, relate well to others, engage people, and help them understand change, provide and seek feedback, articulate clearly, actively listen.
- Open-minded, willing to acquire new skills and knowledge, flexible, self-motivated, and curious.
- Creative problem-solver, critical thinker, independent worker, data-driven mentality.
- Create analytic solutions by exploring innovative data and techniques
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity
- Juggle multiple priorities and projects meeting all deadlines
- Provide reporting deliverables with exceptional quality and data accuracy
- Learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis preferably healthcare
- Requires strong experience in querying and structuring relational databases using SQL, with 5 or more years of experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- 3+ year of experience in the business intelligence platform such as Qlik or like platforms
- Experience with Oracle programming a big plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to integrate and analyze multiple sources of data
- Ability to effectively interact with business partners and external clients
- Excellent prioritization, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Commitment to quality, motivated self-starter and takes ownership of work
- Ability to work independently and self-directed
- Effective problem-solving ability
WHY WORK AT MAESTRO HEALTH?
- Personal, Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical and Prescription
- Life and Disability
- Health and Wellness programs
- 401k with Employee Match
- Figo – Pet Insurance
We have great perks in each of our offices, along with a fun, energetic, and fast-paced environment, and what will really drive you is our vision. Maestro Health is making employee health & benefits people-friendly again by making healthcare easy to understand, tools easy to use, and costs easy to control. We are aiming to become a household name within the employee health & benefits space.
We can’t do that without great people. We want to hear “WOW! That was the best job and business experience I ever had!” from every Maestronite – past, present, and future. You should be personally challenged, laugh, work your tail off, and look forward to coming to work.
Are you ready to become a Maestronite? Let’s do this.
Maestro Health is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.